Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh the Pain....the Pain!!!!!



This morning was not so good....it wasn't Horrible, but it wasn't good either.

As I got my son off to school, I went upstairs to get some socks to wear because I decided to stay downstairs and watch a little bit of TV instead of staying up in my warm bed.

It wasn't cold downstairs, but for some reason my feet were chilled.
I layed on the couch, put the channel to what I wanted to watch (Or have watch Me, lol) and slowly drifted off to sleep.

But then, out of nowhere...I was awaken with pain, my legs & feet were hurting....to the point where I could not fall back to sleep.
I took my meds when I woke up this morn. (around 7:25), so it wasn't like there wasn't any pain meds inside of me.....so why was it not working!!!

It was well past the half hour that it takes for the meds. to kick in.
I was soooo tired, and I decided to switched positions....Didn't work, then I tried "rocking" (one of my favorite things to do since birth, lol)....but that didn't work either.

I couldn't take any more pain medicine...I'd had enough already.
Usually it gets like this when the weather is real cold (yeah, something that I never believed as a teen & young adult...but I do NOW)....but it wasn't even cold, not outsied and not inside either.

So what was making the pain so unbearable.....

Anywho....since there was nothing that I could do, I decided to 'grin & bare it'....and I guess I was sooo exhausted, that I fell off to sleep anyway.
But I would wake up every now & again with really bad pain in my legs & feet.

By time I woke up for good (it was around 12pm)....the pain was throughout my entire body....I didn't think I could even stand up!!!
I sat for a few minutes, stood up...and almost fell back down.....THE PAIN WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME!!!

I tried it again....because by then, I NEEDED to get up those steps.
I stood on the landing and thought....."HOW THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO THIS".

As of late, I have needed to use my cane to get from point A to B....but for some reason, I didn't think I would need it....so I left it in my room next to my bed.

I guess I figured that the meds. would have worked for me by then....but nooooo.

This is how it went: Up One step.....then pause....Up Another step....then pause again....by time I got to the 3rd step....I thought I was going to have to sit down on it, the pain was really bad.
And my extremedies were feeling weak....so I was afriad to even hold on the banister for fear I might fall.......
All this, to have a "bathroom time"....(shaking head from side to side).

Finally, the pain wore off enough for me to take the rest of the steps, and when I reached the top....I was out of breath sooo bad, I just plopped down on the toilet to catch it.

Times like these, you wish you had someone to help you....but I was by myself.

When I was finished in the bathroom, I'd realized that it was once again time to take my next dose of pain meds.
So off I was, down the steps.....slowly.

Two-Stepping it all the way down....(The ONLY way of going down the steps for me).

It usually takes almost a half hour for the meds. to work....so, knowing that...I decided to just "chill" on the couch till then.
By the time it kicked in....my son's Medicaid Coordinator had come for her visit.

You would have never known that I had gone through ALL that pain just a half hour prior.....I was talking up a storm with her, lol.



THANK YOU ALLAH FOR PAIN MEDICINE........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatuahi Wa Barakatu Naimah alhumdulilah you got better yesterday masha Allah May Allah easy your pain Ameen
Umm Aslam

Humayraa said...

Ya SubhaanAllaah! Sounds horrible! Glad that the pain passed eventually! Tahooran, inshaaAllaah!

Naimah Rasheed said...

Alhamdulillah, and thanks for your kind words & Dua's.

Umm Afraz said...

Subhanallah! Everytime I read your blog, it tears me up to know you are going through such difficulty, and you dont have anyone by your side...tahooran Insha Allah Naimah...Allah is with you..May He Ease your burdens, and forgive your sins, and grant you reward for being patient...Aameen....many many many hugs to you Naimah..

PS: I LOVE the way you write....its like I can actually 'see' you :)

Naimah Rasheed said...

lololol....I try to make it as realistic as possible Sis, lolol.

Post a Comment

© Living day-to-day with Sarcoidosis, Fibromyalgia......AND Osteoarthritis!!! - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Header image by Deviantart