Thursday, February 26, 2009

CONTINUATION of....The Begining!!!



Up till 4 yrs. ago, I was only having symptoms Every Now & Again....but that All changed back in Sept. 2005.

It was right after Our Family Reunion that "I" almost singlehandedly put together All By Myself (July of 2005).....and I think THAT is why Sarky came out of remission.

All the stress of trying to get everything done ON TIME & DONE RIGHT, was wayyyyy too much for me.
I remember waking up out of my sleep several times a week, with what I thought was Anxiety Attacks (I will get back to you on what they REALLY were).

This went on for Months....

Anyway.....time went by, and Reunion was a success....and everything went back to Normal.....so I thought.

In Sept. of 2005, I had been babysitting my Great Niece every morning since she was 6 wks. old...and it was time for her to go home, I walked her Mom down the stairs to her car (we lived next door in the upstairs apt at the time)....and when I was on my way back up the stairs, IT HIT ME....like a Ton of Bricks!!!

I was out of Breath like you wouldn't believe.....I grabbed my chest, thinking that would make a difference...and when I got inside, all I could do was throw myself on the counter and lean over it....trying to catch my breath with every pause.

It was horrendous.

I thought I was having an Asthma attack Or something....my chest was sooo heavy, I just couldn't think of what was wrong.

I felt feverish, weak, sweaty, cold.....and then I thought...."maybe it is the Flu".

My husband came out of the bedroom and asked me if I was alright.....and I was able to get out "Nooo, I don't feel soo good".
He led me to the bed and I just layed there in a fetal position....rocking back & forth.
We had some Flu Medicine (over the counter) in the cabinet, so he prepared some for me, along with some tea.......it helped.

But something strange was going on....it lasted wayyyyy longer than any Flu should have lasted.....and I wasn't getting better, I was getting Worse.

So one night I called my Mom and was telling her about my health and she said to me..."do you think it is the Sarcoid"??
It was like I had a New Revelation hit me Or something.....I jumped up and thought....."THAT'S WHAT THIS IS.....SARKY".

I ran to get my book on Sarcoidosis, by Sandra Conroy...that I purchased a when I first found out I had this Disease.
In it, it showed ALL the symptoms that I'd had for the past few weeks.....IT WAS SARKY.

It had been soooo long that I'd had any symptoms, it didn't even cross my mind that it would be that.
I was relieved...but at the same time, I was scared....scared because Sarky hadn't felt THIS WAY before....I hadn't experienced symptoms like this before, the other times Sarky was minor Joint Pain, Muscle Pain, Eye Problems, Problems with my Nervous System....etc.

But this time, whatever was going on.....PUT ME ON MY BUTTON!!!

No Energy, No Zest, Not Wanting to Eat (and THAT is deff. not Me).....All around, everything was just different.

Upon My husbands request (and after going to a Rheumatologist my PCP suggested)....I tried the Holistic Route, and for about 6 Months I eat very little Meat, lots of Veggies & Fruits.....but it didn't work.
So I decided to try OTC Medicine.
And THEY DID WORK......so, for the longest time (months turned into yrs.), I was on different OTC Medicine for Flu Like Symptoms.

I guess I was on them soo long that they stopped working, so I decided to go back to my PCP (Primary Care Physician).
After telling him my symptoms....he referred me to a Rheumatologist.
The same Rheumatologist that I was sent to 3 yrs. prior (but I stopped going to him to try the Holistic Route).

He wasn't happy with me at all....He told me back then, that he wanted to see me every 3 months....but like I said, I wanted to try doing it Holistically.....and I let him know that.....and he said, "and now you are here by me again"....meaning, yeah....it didn't work did it.

I've been to see him now for a little over a yr.....every 3 months, like clock work.
He is the one who prescribed me the pain meds. I am on now.....THANK YOU DR. LAINJO.

I know I've jumped from here to there with this, but if I was to post EVERYTHING that happened, from Me being in remission till now.....I would be writing forever, lolol.
So I am doing alot of "paraphrasing" here, lolol.

My life, from Sept. 2005 till now....has been one roller coaster ride after another, and at times I sit back and wonder "when am I gonna be able to get off".





Naimah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Living day-to-day with Sarcoidosis, Fibromyalgia......AND Osteoarthritis!!! - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Header image by Deviantart