Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Meds I am on




For the past yr.....I have been on different Meds., some worked....but most didn't.

Here is a list of them, and I will try and put them in the Order that they were given to me......but in the end, I will post what I am on NOW.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 3, 2008

Naproxen EC 500mg tab TEV --- For pain.....didn't work.
Tramadol HCL 50mg tab TEV --- Narcotic pain reliever.....also didn't work.

I took both meds. for a week.....before discovering they were not the ones.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 13, 2008

Meclizine 25mg tab PAR --- For dizziness, and I still take it till this day....but only when I need to.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
April 2008

Hydrocodone-APAP 5-500 TABLMCK --- For pain.....worked, for a min....but then I had to get a stronger dose (later on in the yr.).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June 6, 2008

Hydroxychloroquine 200mg TMYL --- Hydroxychloroquine is also used to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and discoid or systemic lupus erythematosus.....at the present time, I am not on it (I felt it didn't work back then)...but I may try it again in the near future.

Choline Mag Trisal 750mg TCAR --- Choline salicylate/magnesium salicylate is used to relieve pain from various conditions. It also reduces pain, swelling, and joint stiffness from arthritis. This medication is known as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)......I no longer take this medicine.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nov. 2008

Alprazolam o.25mg tab MYL --- For Anxiety.....I was prescribed this med. when I was hospitalized in that Month....but i don't take it any more.

Metoprolol TARTR 25mg tab MYL --- For Heart problems....also from when I was in the hospital back in that Month......and I am no longer on that as well.

Hydrocodone APAP 5-500 --- Same as above.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
December 2008

Hydrocodone APAP 10-500 TABQUA --- Upgraded to this because the last ones were not strong enough.

Doxepin 25mg cap MYL --- Doxepin is used to treat symptoms of depression and/or anxiety associated with alcoholism, psychiatric conditions, or manic-depressive conditions......believe it Or not, I was on this medicine because of another condition I developed....and my PCP said that it will help with it......I am still on this med.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jan. 2009

Doxycycline HYCLATE 100mg WSW --- Doxycycline is used to treat many different bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, acne, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, periodontitis (gum disease), and others.....This is a medicine I was suppose to take for a Month for a bad case of Acne.....but it made me really sick, so my doctor put me on another antibiotic instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feb. 2009

Cephalexin 500mg cap TEV --- This is the antibiotic my doctor prescribed for me in place of the above med.....and I took THIS for a Month.

Hydrocodone APAP 10-500 TABQUA --- For pain, every 4-6 hrs. (let me tell ya, I would never reach 6 hrs. between meds....I would end up in the hosp. if I had to wait that long).

Doxepin 25mg cap MYL --- Still on this medicine for another condition.....Idiopathic Angioadema.

Calcium Citrate plus Magnesium & Vitamin D --- I lack Calcium, which was discovered back in Nov. when I was in the Hosp.

Stool Softener --- Self explanatory, don't ya think...lol.

Zantac 75 --- For the Angioadema.

Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief --- For the Angioadema........yeah, go figure...lol.



Whewww.....I think that is it, but if I left anything out....I will be sure to post them.






Naimah

5 comments:

Humayraa said...

Hydroxychloroquine has the side effects of causing blindness (which is reversible once you stop taking it) and deafness. My mother permanently lost a considerable percentage of hearing in both ears after taking this drug for years. I refused to take it for fear of suffering from those symptoms, Alhamdulillaah.

Glad that you've been able to determine which meds work for you and which don't.

Interesting that Prednisone wasn't given to you.

Naimah Rasheed said...

Wow....that's scary!!!

I only get on the "Pred", when it is in my Lungs (Sarky)....because I don't want to stay on it for too long.
And when I am on it...it is only for two weeks.

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's quite a list! May Allah give you good health dear sis. xxx

Teresa said...

I wish our medication lists were as short. LOL - that's not to say that yours is short. You've got quite a bit going on there. Ron currently takes 11 prescriptions (down from 18), plus 2 different Calcium and Vit D pills, allergy pills, and Miralax. I currently take 8 medications. Thank God for insurance or we would not be able to afford ourselves. There are still some months that it's questionable.

Naimah Rasheed said...

Dang Teresa, that IS a lot of meds....geesh.

You reminded me about a Post I wanted to add...and that is on Med. Insurance....and the fact that WE SHOULD THANK GOD FOR IT....thanks for the reminder sweetie!!!




Naimah

Post a Comment

© Living day-to-day with Sarcoidosis, Fibromyalgia......AND Osteoarthritis!!! - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Header image by Deviantart