Monday, March 2, 2009

Evening could have gone better......




Today started out right.....but towards the end, in the eve......it all went down hill for me.

I took my meds too late again, because I was trying to focus on getting my granddaughter together to go back home.....and in the middle of all that, I missed my dose.

So as I am writing this, I am about a half hour late on my meds.....and I am feeling it big time too.....YIKES!!

I noticed it when I pulled up to their place, and I felt alittle irradiated....and my hands were not gripping the steering wheel right....also, my feet kept slipping off the brake......I think it was my nervous systems that was being affected at the time, my foot just kept jumping and every time I tried to hold it still, it would slip off the brake......SCARYYYYY.

I left her bottle at my house, so that meant I had to drive back to get it and bring it to her (she had none with her)....so back I went.....scared the whole time, I tried to keep my mind focused because I didn't want to get into an accident.
I finally got the bottle back to her, and on my way driving home....it was getting worse, I REALLY needed my med. now.....as I pulled up to my house, I almost jumped out of my car to get inside (all while limping along because my body was in sooo much pain).
I scarfed down a piece of corn bread (it was the first thing that I could grab), and poured a glass of Grape Juice and sat in my Fav. chair in the living room and ROCKED.....I rocked, and rocked and rocked....till I could feel the meds. working it's way through my body.
It was 100% through....but just knowing it was on it's way meant a whole lot to me.


All of that brings me back to a time two Summer's ago, when I had soo much pain in my hands while driving....that I actually had to use the sides of my hands to drive, I thought for sure I was going to crash.
It hit me out of no where.....and at the time, I wasn't on any pain meds.....just the OTC Flu Meds.
I was driving home....and all of a sudden I felt this pain slowly creeping up my hands towards my fingers....I would take one hand off the Wheel and shake it around a bit, thinking that that would solve the problem.....but it didn't.....and I continued to drive, and after going back & forth with the shaking of my hands, I realized....the only way I was going to be able to drive, was to use the sides of my hands....I was like, "this is ridiculous"....I need something to take this pain away (I was thinking THEN about seeing a doctor because things were getting out of hand.....no pun intended).

Well, I guess I must be feeling a little better since I am able to make "jokes"........

2 comments:

Umm Afraz said...

me thinks yes, pun intended :P
but girl, have someone with you...please..I truly am scared for you..((hugs))

Naimah Rasheed said...

Usually someone IS in the house with me....but on occasions in the morn...I may be alone with My Granddaughter.

Post a Comment

© Living day-to-day with Sarcoidosis, Fibromyalgia......AND Osteoarthritis!!! - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Header image by Deviantart